Information and Events for Parents
Orchard Park ELP for DLD Open day events
Dear prospective families,
You may already be aware that our whole school open evening was cancelled due to COVID restrictions and it had to be delivered virtually instead. If you were unable to make the event on the night, you can now access our replay video here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/atv8o0lk.
I am delighted to let you know that I can however offer a tour of the Enhanced Learning Provision (ELP) at Orchard Park High School for students with a diagnosis of Developmental Language Disorder to one household at a time. Therefore, if you would like to visit us, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org to book one of the slots below which will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Monday 12th October 11:00-11:30am
Monday 12th October 2:00-2:30pm
Tuesday 13th October 8:30-9:00am
Tuesday 13th October 1:00-1:30pm
Wednesday 14th October 8:30-9:00am
Wednesday 14th October 9:00-9:30am
Wednesday 14th October 2:00-2:30pm
Wednesday 14th October 2:30-3:00pm
Thursday 15th October 11:00-11:30am
If you are unable to visit us in person, you can join us in a video call via Zoom on Tuesday 13th October 4:15-5:00pm where we will share information about our provision and answer any questions that you may have. The link, meeting ID and passcode for this meeting can be found below: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/79724207064?pwd=NzNKS0ZPTHdiTlhOZGZqNFZ0SlIyQT09
Meeting ID: 797 2420 7064
I look forward to meeting with you soon.
ELP Manager/Assistant SENCO
Educational Psychology Advice Line
Octavo Partnership’s Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is providing a telephone advice line for any parent or carer of children who feel they would benefit from a consultation with a psychologist to support them with any concerns for them or their families during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please see the flyer below for more information.
Croydon SEND Parent Newsletter July 2020
Letter to children currently receiving language intervention from Love to Communicate
Advice on how to support children understand Coronavirus
Do you feel isolated and unsupported when your child displays challenging behaviour? Do you find it difficult to communicate your child’s needs to those that are supporting them?
About the Carers Information Service - informing carers in Croydon
The Carers Information Service provides information, advice and support to unpaid carers living or looking after someone in Croydon. A carer looks after a friend, family member (adult or child) or neighbour who needs their help due to illness, disability or old age.
What we offer carers in Croydon
- Drop-in information, advice and support from an advice worker at the Carers Support Centre (Monday to Friday, 10am - 4pm)
- Casework support for carers with more complex situations
- Drop-in Carers Cafe open on weekday mornings, 10.30am - 12.30pm for a free hot drink with access to books, games, Wi-Fi and a laptop.
- Useful publications for carers and professionals who support them, including How To... A Guide for Carers in Croydon, our factsheet series telling you everything you need to know as a carer in Croydon
- Quarterly newsletter and regular e-bulletin to help you stay up-to-date with the latest news and events
- Regular specialist advice surgeries on benefits, debt, employment and legal advice
- Health and wellbeing events to help you look after yourself including massage, singing and dance
- Free workshops on practical and self-development topics
- Emergency Carers Cards to give carers peace of mind
- Special events for carers including Carers Week
- Radar keys for disabled toilet access on sale for £3 at the Carers Support Centre
As a carer living or looking after a child with SEN in Croydon, the parents/carers of the children you support can register as a member of the Carers Support Centre. Benefits of membership include:
· Membership card and recognition that you are a carer – this can be useful when talking to other organisations or services.
Carers' information pack
· Optional subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Carers News (PDF of latest edition attached)
· Optional subscription to our monthly e-bulletin, What’s New for Carers?
I have attached the registration form for your perusal. Please note that the form can also be completed electronically.
EHCP drop-in sessions
The Carers Support Centre offers fortnightly EHCP drop-in sessions for parents/carers in relation to any queries they may have about the EHCP process. I have attached a poster giving you more details.
How can parents/carers get in touch with us?
The Carers Information Service is based at the Carers Support Centre. You can find the Carers Support Centre in Croydon town centre at 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB (opposite George Street tram stop) - see a map.
Not able to visit in person? Give us a call on 020 8649 9339, option 1 or email email@example.com.
Useful information can also be found on our website: https://www.carersinfo.org.uk/
I would appreciate if you could share the above information with parents/carers and spread the word about the support we can provide.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries.
Tuesday-Friday 9am to 3pm
Carers Support Centre, 24 George Street, Croydon CR0 1PB
Tel: 020 8649 9339 (option 1)
Direct Line: 020 8649 6283