Hummingbirds & Toucan Year 3
Welcome to Year 3
The Year 3 class teachers are:
Mrs Dolling and Mr Lawrence (Hummingbirds)
Mrs Jones (Toucans)
Year 3 Support Staff:
- The expectation is that your child reads every night and an adult signs their reading record. Their reading record should then be brought in every day and their book changed regularly
- Year Three will be taking part in swimming lessons every Friday morning.
- They will need to bring a bag with a towel, swimming hat (girls), googles and swimming costume/shorts in.
- BRING A SNACK TO EAT AFTER SWIMMING PLEASE. THIS NEEDS TO BE A HEALTHY SNACK SUCH AS FRUIT.
SUMMER TERM - 'STREET LIFE'
In the Summer term we will be learning about our local area. We will be looking closely at how Waddon has changed over the years and where Waddon in is the UK using maps.
After May half term we will also be discovering lots of interesting facts about minibeasts and their habitats, as well as information about vertebrates and invertebrates.
On Wednesday 5th June we will be getting a visit from lots of different minibeasts and will even get to hold them!
We will also be visiting the Ecology Centre in Sutton/Carshalton on Thursday 4th July. On this trip we will be pond dipping and bug hunting in a meadow!
Throughout this term in maths we will be focusing on statistics, time, mass/capacity and shape.
Your child will receive the following weekly homework:
- 20 mins minimum of RMeasimaths