The Nursery Team are...
In Nursery, we follow the children's interests in order to keep high levels of motivation to learn. This could be based around all sorts of different themes, from princesses and superheroes to dinosaurs... Even PJ Masks & Paw Patrol! We plan activities and provision of resources around these themes so that the children can learn about all areas of the EYFS curriculum through their play. These curriculum areas are:
Personal, Social & Emotional Development
Communication & Language
Understanding the World
Expressive Arts & Design
We plan daily so that we can build on things that the children have been particularly interested in and follow their ideas. It also means that we can work on any areas that we have noticed the children are finding tricky.
Nursery Homework is to read with your child every day and write in their Reading Record Book. We will read with your child once a week at Nursery and give them a Next Step to work on - please work on this with your child when you read with them. They will borrow 1 book a week from Nursery but you can read other books you have at home too. Please bring their Reading Record Book to Nursery every day.
- Trips to Kidspace: Yellow Ladybirds & Honey Bees on Tuesday 26th March, Red Ladybirds & Bumblebees on Thursday 28th March.
- Term ends on Friday 5th April. Finishing times are as follows:
Honey Bees - Wednesday 3rd April 11.45am
Red Ladybirds - Thursday 4th April 3.15pm
Yellow Ladybirds & Bumblebees - Friday 5th April 11.45am
- Gatton Park trips:
Yellow Ladybirds & Honey Bees - Tuesday 11th June, all day
Red Ladybirds & Bumblebees - Thursday 20th June, all day
- Please ensure your child has some spare clothes on their peg at all times.
- Please ensure your child has a pair of welly boots at Nursery.
- Please remember that children should not wear jewellery to Nursery, especially hoop earrings, and toys should stay at home.
- Please avoid shoes with laces if your child cannot tie them independently.
- Please ensure that buggies, bikes, scooters, etc are not left at Nursery as these block the fire escape route.
- If you have any unwanted clothes or toys, we would love to use them at Nursery so please bring them in.