Hummingbirds & Toucan Year 3
Welcome to Year 3
The Year 3 class teachers are:
Miss Green (Hummingbirds)
Mrs Jordan (Toucans)
Year 3 Support Staff:
- The expectation is that your child reads every night and an adult signs their reading record. Their reading record should then be brought in every day and their book changed regularly
- Year Three will be taking part in swimming lessons every Friday morning.
- They will need to bring a bag with a towel, swimming hat (girls), googles and swimming costume/shorts in.
- BRING A SNACK TO EAT AFTER SWIMMING PLEASE. THIS NEEDS TO BE A HEALTHY SNACK SUCH AS FRUIT.
SPRING TERM - 'MOUNTAIN HIGH'
In the Spring term we will be learning about volcanoes. We will focus on the most dangerous volcanoes as well as how they are made.
Please bring in any spare water bottles, newspaper and cardboard ready to make and erupt your own volcano.
We will also be looking at the different rocks and soils in Science. As well as fossils and how they are made.
We will be embarking on 2 trips this term:
- The Natural History Museum to look at volcanoes.
- A trip to climb in Box Hill.
Throughout this term we will be focusing on money, fractions, length and perimeter.
Your child will receive the following weekly homework:
- 20 mins minimum of RMeasimaths