Hummingbirds & Toucan Year 3
Welcome to Year 3
The Year 3 class teachers are:
Miss Green (Hummingbirds)
Mrs Jordan (Toucans)
Year 3 Support Staff:
- The expectation is that your child reads every night and an adult signs their reading record. Their reading record should then be brought in every day and their book changed regularly
- Year Three will be taking part in swimming lessons every Friday morning.
- They will need to bring a bag with a towel, swimming hat (girls), googles and swimming costume/shorts in.
- BRING A SNACK TO EAT AFTER SWIMMING PLEASE. THIS NEEDS TO BE A HEALTHY SNACK SUCH AS FRUIT.
AUTUMN TERM - 'Time Travellers'
In the Autumn term we will be learning about the Romans and what they have done for us. We will be looking at soldiers, battle and what they invented that we still use today!
Come back in September prepared to battle!!!
We will also be looking at electricity and light and making our own circuits using wires, bulbs and batteries.
We will be embarking on 2 trips this term:
- A visit from Boudicca, a Celt warrior
- The Science Museum to look at light and electricity
Throughout this term we will be focusing on place value, addition and subtraction in Maths.
Your child will receive the following weekly homework:
- 20 mins minimum of RMeasimaths